Waste to energy
Beemster was responsible for all technical installation for the waste to energy plant of Oulun Energia, one of the major energy companies in Finland. In good collaboration with Bezner Anlagenbau, the project has become a success. The new waste sorting plant has a major impact on the energy production at Oulun Energia, which has a goal to have carbon-neutral energy production in 2035. It is a good example of the possibilities of the circular economy.
At Oulun Energia the recycling installation sorts different types of waste: commercial and industrial waste, construction and demolition waste.
Materials are separated from waste flows and used as follows:
- for the energy supply (plastic with the exception of PVC, paper and wood)
- some separated materials are sold, such as:
– Stone, Glass, etc. (inert)
– Ferrous metal; Steel and iron,
– Non-Ferrous metal; E.g. copper, aluminum, zinc, brass lead
Everything is done by the machines, no human work required!
This is how we roll
Transporting the first batch
Maintenance & support